Sales Dragon (Non-Attorney Sales) (Full-Time, Partially Remote)
Location: Partially Remote (based out of Jacksonville, FL)
Are you someone who loves to listen and truly hear people? Do you get excited at the prospect of hearing about the latest and greatest ideas out there? Do you look forward to meeting new people every day? Do you like working from home with some Florida travel to see the beautiful Sunshine State to find budding entrepreneurs? Preferably, you are energized by meeting new people and deepening relationships. Do you wake up every morning motivated to make the world (and where you work) a better place? Do you want to work with an awesome and fun team? If so, have we got an opportunity for you!
We are looking for a majestic dragon to lead the way through Florida as we expand and grow. We are looking for someone who can represent the WD team, embracing our culture of fun and entrepreneurial empathy! You need to have persistent curiosity and a willingness to have continuous communication with our amazing clients and clients to be.
If the following description applies to you, please apply!:
The non-attorney sales representative is informed and respectful of bar rules of ethics and professionalism with special emphasis on the definition of providing legal services.
You see sales as a service we perform for our prospective new clients, not as something to be done “to” them. You ensure that the pre-conditioning packages and systems meant to help a prospective new client (PNC) get prepared for their meeting are in fact received by the PNCs you are scheduled to meet with in the coming days and weeks. The non-attorney sales representative meets by telephone and in person, with PNCs who are assigned to their calendar to help the PNC find clarity about their situation, educate them about their options, and help them make the best decision for their future and for the firm to achieve its goals. The non-attorney sales representative also sources and finds PNCs by attending networking events on behalf of WD.
This position keeps detailed notes in a central database documenting all contacts with the PNC both before, during, and after the meeting, including all follow-up attempts. This position facilitates a professional introduction (“hand off”) to the legal team once an engagement is signed and then opens the file, manages the welcome process, and conducts quality control checks at predetermined milestones during the first 30 days and, in some cases, during the pendency of the matter. The successful candidate needs prior experience selling high ticket tangible products and professional or financial services utilizing a consultative selling methodology. The successful candidate needs some “real life” experience which they can use to empathize with PNCs who often come to our firm with challenging and sometimes deeply personal situations. The successful candidate embraces metrics, score keeping, transparency, and accountability. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute must both in person, by phone, through Zoom, and via email. You need to be a lifelong learner with proven track record of self-improvement to keep your sales skills sharp!
Here are a few ideal attributes we would be looking for from you:
3. Love fun.
4. Love tech.
5. Love learning.
6. Have an attention to detail.
7. Demonstrated, proven success in lead generation, prospecting, contract negotiation, and closing clients/customers.
8. Independent, self-starter who thrives on immersion in a rapidly changing environment with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
9. Comfortable working virtually/remotely and in person.
10. Friendly and professional with others, including our team and clients.
11. Proactive, can-do attitude, with great follow-through and resourcefulness.
12. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
13. Have some basic technical background or be able to speak, understand, and break down technology.*
14. Have a background in consultative solutions selling.
15. Experience with customer resource management systems, particularly reporting, required (i.e., like Salesforce/HubSpot/InfusionSoft).
16. Bonus terms that describe our ideal candidate: Problem solving, listening skills, alignment with core philosophy of honesty, detail oriented, systematic, creative, good-natured, emotionally-secure, patient, optimistic, flexible, knows when to lead and when to follow.
* If you have an abundance of the other ideal attributes…please don’t let these dissuade you from applying!
1. Manage own schedule to balance availability for meeting with prospective new clients as well as following-up with PNCs who said “no” and with current clients to conduct quality control calls and interviews.
2. Keep detailed notes in a centralized database.
3. Be a team player and cover for your fellow salespeople to help our firm help our prospective new clients find clarity around and relief from the situation that brought them to the firm in the first place.
4. Follow-up with PNCs who said “no”.
5. Follow-up with current clients at set milestones during their case or matter.
6. Facilitate a professional introduction and transition to the legal team once the case or matter has begun.
7. Actively engage in dialogue with management regarding the quality and volume of the leads, offering constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement based on your “front lines” experience.
8. Periodically attend tradeshows and networking events as a professional representative of the firm.
9. Utilize a consultative selling approach when conducting sales calls to illustrate the value and benefits of our services.
10. Update CRM system with details of all interactions with prospects and clients in a timely manner.
11. Stay current with bar rules, legal industry trends, and information.
12. Genuinely have joy in being part of a team and helping to grow a law firm.
This is currently a full-time position that requires someone to be based out of Northeast Florida with a willingness to travel while working from home. This is a commission-based position (not tied to legal fees, per Florida Bar rules) with a small monthly draw and an opportunity for you to earn $50,000 in the next 12 months if you’re good, $75,000 if you’re very good, more than $100,000, plus coffee if you’re a real closer. We’re only looking for real closers.
Since this is not a typical position, we are not looking for a typical cover letter. Convince us to buy a dragon egg. As a note, there are no right or wrong ways to interpret this magical question. Email us at email@example.com with both your resume and cover letter or through our website. (Applications without a resume and cover letter will not be considered, so, you know…please do that.)
We look forward to hearing from you!
"*" indicates required fields